Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas and Beauty

Christmas is today. Yay. I had fun; the day isn't over, so yeah. I'm about to play Call of Duty Black Ops (yesterday was a Christmas miracle - we finally were able to get rid of time limit in COD:BO Multiplayer. WOO!). I got pajamas (very cute frosty pink ones) from my mom Blondie, as well as chocolate (yum). I got an Eclipse poster (with the Cullen family - not too shabby) and cute socks from my brother Garg, and a $15 iTunes gift card from Tally. Some gifts are delayed from coming because of the oh-so-annoying snow storms in London (storms which never touched where I live - ARGH). So, if I didn't talk about a present, chances are I haven't received it yet. Two other things I got for Christmas (a third I got also for my b-day - Netflix!): Money and an Xbox Live Account. WHOO! Blondie also made French toast for all of us (I put Raspberry Jam on it, for we lacked syrup). So I must thank everyone for being so kind on Christmas! Hopefully no one is having a crappy one.

And now for the next fairytale poem.

Ms. Beauty.

Beauty


From http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/beauty_and_the_beast.html


Curses cover the eyes
And fill the worlds with lies
All is not what it appears
And checkered hearts fill your fear

Of a pure royal blood you are
‘Tis not tainted, but hidden
Strange hands hold the cards
Which could lead to the truth being risen

Death saves you from an uncertain fate
But He can’t always protect you
Save those who are in your previous state
And Death’s curse can be broken through


This is about an OC (original character) part time dancer/part time model named Amélie Dupont. Amélie's mainly from The Da Vinci Code, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones (kind of) and Death Proof. Da Vinci code, because of some certain relatives, Harry Potter because of some certain beast (NOT Sirius Black - an OC from Harry Potter), and Death Proof because of some certain friends. I don't feel like explaining the Indiana Jones aspect of it. Her adoptive family's kind of evil, and they want to control almost every aspect of her life. They are a part of some secret society (I'm still doing secret societies even if I watched the "Fantastic Easter Special" episode from South Park - LOL). Her family allows them to manipulate her and make her do what they want. She was touring the United States with a dance troupe when she made a break for it. She ran into some sort of beast (a hell hound, if you will), and that beast scared her pursuers. I got my inspiration for this character mostly from the character River from Firefly* and the Ballerina from Angel (both Joss Whedon characters portrayed by Summer Glau, oddly enough). Also, I've been reading conspiracy theory articles that give good ideas for stories (like celebrities that are manipulated by the elite). Do I believe the articles? Partially, but I don't know what to believe. But that's not important. Just citing inspirations for this character.

So after that lengthy description of a strange character of many stories, I bid adieu for now as I work on the eighth chapter for Roses and Poetry, as well as various chapters for other stories as I await the Call of Duty Black Ops marathon to be had.

Merry Christmas!

*For that, in the poem, I was originally going to say "strange blue hands ("two by two, hands of blue..."), but that might be bordering on plagiarism.

PS: Another Christmas miracle, this time at work, I want to speak about. I was packing groceries in a car for a customer. She was holding several bags and I was too. She wondered if she was holding everything, then she said she probably was, so I let go. But she wasn't holding the eggs. They were dropped on the ground. It sounded pretty bad. I picked them up and we both checked the eggs. Not one was broken. The customer exclaimed, "It's a Christmas miracle!" I was happy I didn't have to get a replacement. So yeah. Probably one of the first work stories shared on my blog.

2 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

Lucky! A Christmas miracle, indeed!
It was so nice to get to talk with you and Tally. I hope we get the technical difficulties worked out...

memory_lucky12 said...

I think they worked out nicely though...

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.