Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sem Jinks #?5? - A New Favorite Movie Has Come to Me

I saw 2012. It was beautiful, fantastic, exciting, and visually stunning. I hadn't seen such that much of an eye feast since Speed Racer (THAT was awesome). This was movie that kept me wondering what was to happen next, and few 2-and-a-half-hour-long movies are able to pull that off. But, that wasn't the only thing 2012 shared with The Dark Knight. It also shared one of its messages (hope) and two of its actors: The Russian Ballerina with Bruce Wayne is Tamara and Lao (I think thats how you spell his name) is the brother of the young Tibetan monk. One actor that shocked me, however, is a character I liked so much. This man portrayed Adrian Helmsley, a scientist whom I rooted for since the beginning. What I was shocked to find out was that in a different movie, he portrayed the villain, whom I seriously despised: Victor Sweet from Four Brothers. He SPOILER ALERT brought on the demise of my favorite character from that movie, sweet Jackie Mercer (ahem, Garrett Hedlund). But now I don't hate the actor (I still dislike you Jason Isaacs) now. I haven't felt so much emotion from a Roland Emmereich movie since The Patriot (again, I say, I despise you Jason Isaacs). This movie didn't deserve only around 30%. This movie was worldly. What I mean by that is, it doesn't stay in one place. I was really happy about that. It felt real, the actors I applauded and the actor who portrayed the "villain" made me hate him so and when an actor does that, then you know he's done his job. But, these characters, I feel some have more than one layer. Nothing felt fake, and I just love this movie. I have to also applaud Danny Glover as the President of the USA (MURTAGH - NOT from Eragon, that's Jackie Mercer), WOODY HARRELSON as the crazy guy who knew what was coming - Charlie. Now I was surprised to find out that was actually Tallahassee from Zombieland. Well, I'l put up a more organized movie review later. But my general consensus is YOU MUST WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!

 



2 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

I'll watch it when it comes out on dvd.

krasavica said...

There is a Russian girl? Well Now I HAVE to watch it!!!

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.