Saturday, January 30, 2010

Reviews and Revelations (There's a New Moon in the horizon... and Bloody White Flower falling in darkness...With painful love in Rain and Italy)

Technically, it's ONE review and ONE revelation. Let's start off with the review.



The Twilight Saga: New Moon (Beautiful Poster)

I was blown away. I was really surprised! I thought it was going to be terrible, awful, cheesy, nothing there at all. Boy, was I wrong!

When I watched it, it was like being a dream. Not a dream like a daydream where everything you want happens, but a real dream. It felt ethreal, and surreal. The chemistry in the movie was definitely there. Bella's pain I could feel, and the worry of the others I could feel too. I think Bella and Jacob have more chemistry, but maybe that's just me. I think this is a movie only a hopeless romantic teenager like me could understand. My weirdass anime fan friends? Hell no. My weirdass anime fan sister? Hell no. It's just something about it... It has true romance, but in a teenager way, which I love. I understand adult ones too, but mostly teenage romances. Also, the fantasy aspect. The only bad thing about it was the sparkling in the sun, but I'm starting to get over it. The wolves, however, I LOVE. The fight between Jacob and Paul reminded me of the polar bear fight in Golden Compass (hmmmm same director...). The vampires running and the wolves running, again, a beautiful dream. Oh, by the way, the graphics are much better (the wolves are ferocious), and so is the music! I liked the humor too. All in all, this is my type of movie.

As for the revelation...

I realized I love Twilight. I can't help it. I'm drawn to it. I've given up, I've waved the white flag, called a truce. I don't care if Bella is Mary Sue, so are most of the best characters. I don't care if the vampires sparkle in the sun, it can be beautiful if you imagine that way. I don't care for Breaking Dawn, it's not canon to me. That's the beauty of it; how I interpret it, it's beautiful. I see the depth in the "shallowness". I see the pain, the sorrow, the love, the magic. And I don't care if I lose credibility by my friends' standards and by my sister's standards - I. Love. Twilight. There are most defintiely flaws. But who cares? Everything has flaws. Everything! I can't believe I denied this for so long, bashing it when I got the chance. Destroying this beauty... I think it's because of the overhype and the crazy batshit fans. If it wasn't so crazyass popular, I would love it ten times more. So yeah. There's my revelation.

PS

One of my favorite scenes in the movie -

Maybe spoiler?

Right after Jacob hangs up on Edward after Jacob told Edward that Charlie was planning for a funeral (didn't specify which one), Edward was crushing the phone, and looking like he just died inside. That scene was so beautiful...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's EXACTLY how I feel!

Christina RN LMT said...

Well, I'm glad you're not trying to hide anything or pretend to be something you're not. There's no shame in liking something, you know!

We will have to agree to disagree about Twilight, though. As a vampire/werewolf aficionada, I just roll my eyes at the books. Silver and I made a serious attempt to watch the first movie and couldn't make it past twenty minutes.

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.