Sunday, August 15, 2010

Maybe I shouldn't write off a classic right away...

...I should give everything a chance right?

Well I didn't think that for several things, one of them being Star Trek with the guy from Princess Diaries 2.

Oh yeah. Cause he can't act. Star Trek (2009) was SO horrible...

That's my main example for why I shouldn't dismiss things so quickly. But there was still one thing...

It's something I read in English class, a little Shakespearean gem called "The Tempest."

Oh yeah, when I first read this I did NOT like it. Even after watching parts of the cheesy movies I didn't like it. I thought Ariel was stupid (waaay too much like Sparkles the Vampire), Miranda was being too quick ("Hey let's get married after 5 hours of knowing each other!"), how it was taught to us made it seem too pretentious... yeah. They'll never make that into a good movie. Never!

Yeah. That's what I thought.

...

Well... until I saw this:



Oh my fucking jeebus. Holy shit. Does this look totally awesome or what? I mean, I admit, I've been following this movie for a little bit... but DAMN! I didn't know it could show this much potential! Helen Mirren as Prospera (usually Prospero) makes it better... and Ariel (the guy on the top of the poster)... he just looks so AWESOME!!!! I definitely want to see this movie. Hopefully it doesn't let me down...

Here's another picture:



Awesome.

So yeah. I shouldn't be dismissing things so quickly... Can't wait to see this!

UPDATE

Okay I didn't hate The Tempest that much, just in English class. It's just didn't think it could be or at least look like it had the potential to be awesome.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.