Sunday, June 14, 2009

BBQ's and Movies

Yes, with school over, a lot of my friends not living around me, a house can get boring pretty fast. Yesterday, however, my neighborhood held a barbeque with a jumping house, a lot of food, and a lot of people. I wish I had this type of neighborhood when I was younger. I couldv'e totally ruled the bouncy house! Now, I just watched Sweetie in the bouncy house, I ate some food, and I had to change my green shirt. Bugs were crawling all over me!

I'm at the library right now. I checked out three books (even though I still didn't finish Dracula - I don't think I will), and the more important things, three DVD'S!

I checked out Doomsday again! Here's the poster and the trailer:





I also checked out Sin City,





and Save the Last Dance.





I checked out Doomsday 'cause I wanted to watch it again, I checked out Sin City 'cause I heard it was totally kickass, and I checked out Save the Last Dance for two reason (or three): One, I heard it's a good dance flick (unlike Step Up - that was really boring), two, it has romance, and three (this might be a little racist), it has a biracial romance. I don't know what's up with me, but for some reason, I love biracial romances. They are just so awesome. Maybe it's because they're not as accepted, and that just makes them more awesome. Okay so whatever.

I watched the Spirit and I have to say, I was really disappointed. I thought it was gonna be one of those movies that the critics didn't like, but I would like, but I guess that's not the case. I didn't really hate it, I just didn't like it that much. It felt like the 60's all over again, except not as cheesey and with a really awesome filming style. I was expecting so much more, and well... it just fell flat. Like the first Fantastic 4 movie.

I also watched Night at the Museum 2 in theaters. It was way better than the first one, and the first one was not that bad. This was more funny (they actually made fun of 300!) and it was more epic. I just thought it was a satisfying movie (think Doomsday, but funnier and definitely not as sickening to the stomach). You should see it in theaters. It's pretty awesome.

I got to go. I didn't even get to work on my fanfic (which a lot of people are liking - one person favorited it and one person suscribed to it! WHOOT!). Oh well.

Btw, Pearle, tell me what you think of the first chapter. And you too, Silver! If you guys liked it, it's just gonna get better. I know it will. CYA!

1 comment:

Christina RN LMT said...

I saw "Save the Last Dance" in the movie theater when it came out. By myself...!
I really liked it, for the same reasons you did!
I wanted to see the Spirit in the theaters, too, but Silver convinced me that the reviews were accurate. Now I'm glad I never saw it!

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.