Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last Day of School (and other important stuff [like some sad stuff :( ] )

First of all, I need to report some sad news. Affie left. For until at least October. Into the Middle East. In really hot weather in really uncomfortable suits. I really miss him right now. The house is emptier without him.

Second, today was my last day of school. And it was a happy day.

It was a half day, with an easy final exam. Then I went home. Then I got to watch one of my favorite movies. And it was a happy one. Enchanted! I love that movie. Then I got to babysit some kids (I shall call one Topher (a boy) and one Sweetie (a girl)). All in all, they behaved really well. They were so cute and kind and they just made my day. I even got to play poker with Topher and draw a beanstalk (a big one) with Sweetie. I babysat them for three hours. And to top it off, I got $30.

So yeah, it was an awesome day today.

And I just want to talk about a movie that is totally underrated and totally awesome (actually, two movies). One is Equilibrium. A movie with a sad beginning, a sad middle, yet a kickass and satisfying ending, this movie is about a society that is not allowed to feel. You have to take drugs that make you not feel. If you don't take these drugs, then you are persecuted. You also can't have anything that might draw forth emotion, such as paintings, records, and yes, even puppies. There was this one scene where they found a group of puppies and starting shooting them. Okay, so the main guy (played by Christian Bale! SQUEE!) is a cop who persecutes people with emotion. Then he accidentally breaks one of his little dosage thingies and starts to feel. He doesn't bother to get a replacement dosage. He then decides to bring the whole city down so people can actually feel again. He. Is. So. HOT! That movie is so awesome. You have to watch it.

The second movie is a more recent one. This one's called Doomsday. This one's has a sad beginning, not as sad middle, and an equally kick ass ending. It's really bloody, it gets really disgusting, yet it is so awesome. It's so satisfying. It doesn't leave you feeling disappointed (ahem, The Spirit, take note of this). Look this one up yourself. I don't feel like explaining.

One more thing, is Death Valley located on the California/Nevada border? I know it is, I just need to make sure. Does it touch the coastline (no) ? So yeah. That's it.

2 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

Happy last day of school!

Sorry you miss your dad. :(

So you're babysitting now? That's awesome! Good way to make spending money, for sure.

I've not even heard of those movies, ever. Isn't that strange? ANYway...drop me an email sometime so we can set up a skype time, okay?

Christina RN LMT said...

Oh, and Death Valley is in California, but it's extremely close to Nevada. It does NOT touch the coast.

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.