Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fairytales and Recommendations

Okay so yeah, as some people know, I write fanfic. And I usually get carried away with back stories and characters rather than main plot. Well, these do have a lot to do with plot, but as usual, instead of writing the story, I write little "prophecies." Have no idea what I am talking about? Well you're about to.

Basically, in my fanfic, I linked many different fairytales with different characters within my huge crossover universe. Most of them are OC's. They each receive "Fairytale Cards" telling some sort of "prophecy", correlating with their lives. And every Tuesday and Friday, I will publish one of these "prophecies" until all eighteen of them are run through. So... here's one of them:

Alice



Your elder of only a few older than thou
Shall teach the true art of your mother
By the bow they all are bound
To the cards, bound is your elder’s brother

The answers are hidden in plain sight
In Disturbia some may be
In Wonderland they hold light
Look to this place and of seven and twenty

Follow the white rabbit playing a strange game
Your Mad Hatter is in the prison full of lies
It is you both that your captors try to tame
Do not follow them or the butterflies


This tells of an OC named Veronika Dodson. She's mostly in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians universe and a little bit of Heroes.
So tell me what you think!

And moving on.

I have been wanting to see obscure, underrated movies. Two, actually. It's furthers my argument on why I should get Netflix.

Here are the trailers:

Charlie Bartlett:



This movie looks hilarious! Two of my favorite actors with witty banter and so full of humor - perfect! And yes, that's RDJ as a principal.

Ordinary People:



Yes I'm aware that this is depressing and that it was released all the way back in (le gasp!) 1980. But this looks like a movie I really need to see, much like Girl Interrupted.

And so that is all... for now.

2 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

I love your poems! I did read it when you originally posted, but I didn't know what to write, since it blew me away.

I have to admit, I've seen neither of the movies you're wanting to see...mea culpa!

Oh, and what's an "OC"?

memory_lucky12 said...

An OC is an original character.

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.