Saturday, July 25, 2009

Alice in Wonderland, PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS, Rebel Without a Cause, CONSTANTINE 2!!!!!, and other stuff...

The trailer for Alice in Wonderland was AMAZING!!!! Here's the link:

WATCH IT!!!

Oh my God! I can't WAIT 'til Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief comes out. I've always liked Percy Jackson better than Harry Potter... Minority beats out Majority...

Well here's the trailer:



There's a film with Josh Brolin and Megan Fox (comic book movie) called Jonah Hex. Here's the poster:



Like I said in the last blog post THERE'S GONNA BE A CONSTANTINE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Speaking of sequels... There's also going to be Sin City 2, Sin City 3, a Superman REBOOT, XXX 3, Fast and Furious 5 and 6, Unbreakable 2 and well, I was going to talk 'bout this one:

Iron Man 2

Here are some pictures.



Tony and Pepper - Made for each other.



Whiplash (Mickey Rourke)



Black Widow (I guess Scar Jo ain't that bad. Maybe she will be good in this role)



Don Cheadle as War Machine. I guess he won't be so bad. He's always reminded me of Terrence Howard anyways (except his skin is a little darker).

Well, I want to talk about four more movies.

First off, "He's Just Not That Into You".



It was okay. I mean some parts were funny, but it just wasn't my type of movie. I love what happened at the end to these certain two people. It was so cute what happened to them... :)

Next, "Defiance".



I love this movie! Action, romance, drama, HOTNESS, and the music was beautiful. I was like, "Wow this music style sounds familiar! Maybe the same featured violinist from 'The Village?'" And it turns out that the same man who did the music for all M. Night Shyamalan movies AND worked along side Hans Zimmer for The Dark Knight did the music. The very awesome James Newton Howard. I love his work. It's just phenomenal!

Besides, Jamie Bell and Daniel Craig were diviiiiiine (I got that from Absolutely Normal Chaos by Sharon Creech). They could certainly do Russian accents... Liev Schreiber wasn't that bad either. I felt suspense throughtout that movie wondering what was going to happen next. I felt the emotion throught out that movie, the pain the anguish the hope...

Some strange facts from that movie:

The chick who ends up going with Daniel Craig was also in Chronicles of Riddick (I was thinking that she looked familiar) as Kyra.



Alexa Davalos

The chick who goes with Jamie Bell is Alice in the new Alice in Wonderland.



Mia Wasikowska

Next Movie: "Gran Torino"



What I found out a month or two ago was that the movie was named after a gorgeous car: a 1972 Gran Torino.



And I also think one of the bad guys, Fenix, from Fast and Furious (the fourth one) has this car.

Anyways, back to the movie. The movie was gritty, realistic, and sorta satisfying at the end. The movie didn't disappoint me. I didn't feel empty or robbed of my time. Clint Eastwood was totally badass in that movie. It was my first Clint Eastwood movie that I saw. I need to see more. I like that movie. A lot. I knew what was going to happen at the end and I still cried. :( The music was partially done by his son, actually. I think he was the one playing the piano and singing at the very end. If so, he has a nice voice.

And the very last movie: Rebel Without a Cause.



Oh. My. God. It was so beautiful, so full of raw talent and emotion, so...amazing! James Dean was diviiiiiiiiiiine and just beautiful in looks and talent. It sucks that he died. At that talent just went away and not used just because of a stupid cursed car. You could see everything in his eyes. If only there were actors like that today, talent like that today. Oh wait. The talent is too busy quitting and dying... (Ahem, Joaquin and Heath - I'm talking to you).

James Dean wasn't the only one who was amazing. The very beautiful, ever-talented, Miss Natalie Wood. You know, Maria from West Side Story. Funny, Rebel And west Side have the same director... Natalie was amazing the sorrow and pain you could see in her eyes...

This movie goes down as one of my favorites, it goes down with Donnie Darko, August Rush, The Patriot, The Village, THOSE movies. Beautiful, so beautiful. I loved it so much! Oh, I loved the part when Jim Stark (James Dean) was drunk. That was funny.

I finally get a joke from Destroy All Humans. They have many references to famous pop culture. This one guy in a cut scene right before the cinema mission was like, "IT'S TEARIN ME APART!!!!" Yep. They got that from Rebel Without a Cause.

Next Movies from Library:

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (I believe I've seen that already):



Catch Me If You Can



and

Resident Evil (the first one)



I need to watch the RE series to get an opinion on it. Other series I need to watch:

Final Destination



and

Saw

2 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

I LOVE how eclectic your taste in movies is, Chaos! I'm very impressed. The older I've gotten, the less adventurous I am when it comes to what I watch.

memory_lucky12 said...

Well, I liked it when I didn't worry about the end of the movie through the whole movie! That's what I did with Underworld 3! That's why I can't watch prequels!

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.