Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day...So Far

I should have learned this lesson by now. You know, the lesson to NOT FREAK OUT! Because I find it much better not to freak out. I should ALWAYS remember that no matter what, everything will be okay. Let today be another way to prove this to be true.

Today I was supposed to be picked up by a friend at a kick ass carnival. But, we didn't know that she already went looking for us and couldn't find us, so she left. We waited for around two and a half hours without knowing. Our mom left us there earlier because we told her we'd be picked up. After borrowing a phone for the second time and calling our mom, Blondie said she was going to call our friend. Our friend, I shall call her Haku, and she found out what was going on.

Squishy and I were starting to freak out (even though I kept telling myself not to freak out - everything always turns out to be not as bad as it looks). We were getting pissed off. Then, we saw Blondie and Garg.

So, instead of driving us home, she drove us to Haku's house (not my friend Neko - she lives really close to us). And that's where we are right now. And I have a huge thing of dark chocolate Toblerone in my stomach. And of course, forgiveness in our hearts (we're very forgiving people).

So no matter what, everything always turns out to be okay, so yeah. LISTEN TO THAT PIECE OF ADVICE!

Now, I'm backtracking to when we arrived to the carnival. It was so awesome. We went on I think for four rides (one, we rode on twice). One was called the Storm. The Storm is this metal rod swinging thing that, when vertical, is like 100 ft tall. It has one swinging thing of seats on one end (at the top) and another swinging thing of seats on the other (at the bottom). You sit in this seat and it swings while the rod keeps spinning 360 degrees VERTICAL. So we're going up 100 ft in the air then down then up then down all while our seats go upside down and side to side as well. You can survive it as long as you close your eyes so shut you can't open them, hold on for dear life, and scream until you get laringitis.

Another is called the Chaos - but a more awesome version of the regular one. You sit in this circle. This circle's on a rod. Basically, the circle spins while the rod swings high. You see, I didn't think I would be scared because the one at the Adventure Dome wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be (or the one in World's of Fun), but as soon as it started getting really high instead of "Whoo-hoo!" I was like "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

I went on it twice.

Another one was called the Stratosphere. It's like the Finnish Fling in Worlds of Fun. You enter this circular chamber. You stand against the wall (you have to) and it starts spinning. It spins really fast and then the floor drops. You get stuck to the wall. Out of all the rides I went to, that one has the biggest chance of making you throw up.

And the last ride I went on was called the Airwolf. I think. This one is sorta like the Chaos, except not as scary. You still sit in this circle. It's attached to a rod, except the rod doesn't swivel and swing. It just goes up and down. The circle still spins. Everytime the circle would go in a certain position, Squishy and I would go either "Whoo!" or "Jazz Hands!" or both.

The cheapest ride was surprisngly the Storm. And the Stratosphere.

Besides waiting for like two and a half hours, today was awesome. And tomorrow we're going to see Transformers Revenge of the Fallen! Tonight, we're going to watch fireworks that one of Haku's neighbors are putting up. I wanted to see the show at the carnival (on Feltwell - that's where the middle school's located [called Lakenheath - wtf?]), but this will do too.

Happy Independence Day! And remember, everything's going to be okay.

1 comment:

Christina RN LMT said...

Yes, Baby! Keep your cool, everything works out just fine.

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.