Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Village - My INTELLIGENT Review (And Getting Sidetracked)



Sorry for all of the "OMG"'s and "WTF"'s. I'll try to state it as clear as I can.

I really did love that movie. Even though there were some flaws, like I stated in my last post, that movie was great. It has sort of a solemn feel to it. You wouldn't watch it to make you feel better (watch "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" or "Dodgeball" for that), but if you want to think or feel or try to solve the puzzle as you go along, then you would want to watch this movie. It's romantic, but it's not a romance movie. My type of movie. See, if you're a person like me - a hopeless romantic who craves kickassery as well - then you would like movies with romance in them, but not a movie all about romance. That's what this movie is. Like a lot of other movies.

The music was romantic, mysterious, adventurous, and beautiful at the same time. I could listen to it for a long time.

Okay enough with getting sidetracked! Here are some (or all) of the reasons why I love that movie:

1) The emotion in it. It just seeps through to you. It comes to you and you feel it.
2) The music. For the third time - I LOVE THE MUSIC!
3) The acting was amazing and believable (except for the talking [WHY SIGOURNEY WEAVER - WHY???] You get used to it after a while). Adrien Brody actually did a great job at his role. He seriously did. I just wish he had a role of badassness. Oh well.
4) The whole story and just everything.

Okay. That's it for now.

2 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

You crack me up! Two reviews of the same movie? *lol*
I still haven't seen Signs, and that's definitely one I've wanted to see for a long time.

memory_lucky12 said...

Well, one's more intelligent than the other...

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.