Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Village - MY Review




Okay. PLEASE don't laugh at me, but...

I LOVED IT!!!! Overall, anyways. I don't know, I guess I love the whole "Your loved one's hurt, save him" kinda thing... I was a little bit disappointed with Adrien Brody. I mean, yeah, he played his role pretty well, but I thought his role would be of badassness like it usually is. He played a guy with a low IQ. So, I just think...it was a little strange that they picked Adrien Brody of all people to play someone that is not the brightest of people... And HOW THEY TALKED bothered the SHIT outta me! They said stuff like, "Those we don't speak of," and "They informed me of their intentions," UGH! ILCH! No wonder Scary Movie 4 made fun of that movie...

But I really loved that movie. The music was PHENOMENAL! The featured violinist played awesomely and so did the rest of them. And I love the TWIST!! OMG!! I was like, "WHAT THE FUCK?????!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT. THE FUCK!!!?!?!?!?!?!" And I love the last sentence of the movie. It screams, "Independent Woman". I love it when Lucius Hunt (Joaquin Phoenix) just takes Ivy Walker's (Bryce Dallas Howard's) hand (she's the blind chick) to lead her where it's safe and to save her. OH MY GOD, it's so romantic. It just sends chills down my spine. The first time I watched the movie, I couldn't finish it in one night, cause I had to go to bed. I kept worrying what would happen next. Also, I kept thinking of Scary Movie 4. The second time I watched it, I waited for Squishy (my twin)'s reaction. And kept saying "THAT'S KATE CONNOR, BITCHES!!!" The third time I watched it, I kept thinking of Terminator Salvation and how Joaquin Phoenix is just wasting his time with the whole rapping "career". And hoping that he's just pulling a "Borat" on us.

Btw, Viggo Mortensen might be pulling a "Joaquin" on us and leaving the acting buisness, jsyk. That sucks doesn't it? Let's hope he doesn't start rapping.

1 comment:

Christina RN LMT said...

Joaquin can take my hand ANY day!
And Viggo? Say it isn't so! *sob*

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
If I haven't said enough, I ain't sayin' any more.